- And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
- And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
- And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
- And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
- And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
- And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
- Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
- So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
- Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
- These are the generations of Shem: Shem was an hundred years old, and begat Arphaxad two years after the flood:
- And Shem lived after he begat Arphaxad five hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.
- And Arphaxad lived five and thirty years, and begat Salah:
- And Arphaxad lived after he begat Salah four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters.
- And Salah lived thirty years, and begat Eber:
- And Salah lived after he begat Eber four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters.
- And Eber lived four and thirty years, and begat Peleg:
- And Eber lived after he begat Peleg four hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters.
- And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:
- And Peleg lived after he begat Reu two hundred and nine years, and begat sons and daughters.
- And Reu lived two and thirty years, and begat Serug:
- And Reu lived after he begat Serug two hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters.
- And Serug lived thirty years, and begat Nahor:
- And Serug lived after he begat Nahor two hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.
- And Nahor lived nine and twenty years, and begat Terah:
- And Nahor lived after he begat Terah an hundred and nineteen years, and begat sons and daughters.
- And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran.
- Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot.
- And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees.
- And Abram and Nahor took them wives: the name of Abram's wife was Sarai; and the name of Nahor's wife, Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father of Milcah, and the father of Iscah.
- But Sarai was barren; she had no child.
- And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.
- And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.
Выбор перевода и языка