- Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,
- How long wilt thou speak these things? and how long shall the words of thy mouth be like a strong wind?
- Doth God pervert judgment? or doth the Almighty pervert justice?
- If thy children have sinned against him, and he have cast them away for their transgression;
- If thou wouldest seek unto God betimes, and make thy supplication to the Almighty;
- If thou wert pure and upright; surely now he would awake for thee, and make the habitation of thy righteousness prosperous.
- Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.
- For enquire, I pray thee, of the former age, and prepare thyself to the search of their fathers:
- (For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow:)
- Shall not they teach thee, and tell thee, and utter words out of their heart?
- Can the rush grow up without mire? can the flag grow without water?
- Whilst it is yet in his greenness, and not cut down, it withereth before any other herb.
- So are the paths of all that forget God; and the hypocrite's hope shall perish:
- Whose hope shall be cut off, and whose trust shall be a spider's web.
- He shall lean upon his house, but it shall not stand: he shall hold it fast, but it shall not endure.
- He is green before the sun, and his branch shooteth forth in his garden.
- His roots are wrapped about the heap, and seeth the place of stones.
- If he destroy him from his place, then it shall deny him, saying, I have not seen thee.
- Behold, this is the joy of his way, and out of the earth shall others grow.
- Behold, God will not cast away a perfect man, neither will he help the evil doers:
- Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing.
- They that hate thee shall be clothed with shame; and the dwelling place of the wicked shall come to nought.
Выбор перевода и языка