- Then Job answered and said,
- I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all.
- Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest?
- I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you.
- But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.
- Though I speak, my grief is not asswaged: and though I forbear, what am I eased?
- But now he hath made me weary: thou hast made desolate all my company.
- And thou hast filled me with wrinkles, which is a witness against me: and my leanness rising up in me beareth witness to my face.
- He teareth me in his wrath, who hateth me: he gnasheth upon me with his teeth; mine enemy sharpeneth his eyes upon me.
- They have gaped upon me with their mouth; they have smitten me upon the cheek reproachfully; they have gathered themselves together against me.
- God hath delivered me to the ungodly, and turned me over into the hands of the wicked.
- I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark.
- His archers compass me round about, he cleaveth my reins asunder, and doth not spare; he poureth out my gall upon the ground.
- He breaketh me with breach upon breach, he runneth upon me like a giant.
- I have sewed sackcloth upon my skin, and defiled my horn in the dust.
- My face is foul with weeping, and on my eyelids is the shadow of death;
- Not for any injustice in mine hands: also my prayer is pure.
- O earth, cover not thou my blood, and let my cry have no place.
- Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high.
- My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.
- O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleadeth for his neighbour!
- When a few years are come, then I shall go the way whence I shall not return.
Выбор перевода и языка