- Then answered Zophar the Naamathite, and said,
- Therefore do my thoughts cause me to answer, and for this I make haste.
- I have heard the check of my reproach, and the spirit of my understanding causeth me to answer.
- Knowest thou not this of old, since man was placed upon earth,
- That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?
- Though his excellency mount up to the heavens, and his head reach unto the clouds;
- Yet he shall perish for ever like his own dung: they which have seen him shall say, Where is he?
- He shall fly away as a dream, and shall not be found: yea, he shall be chased away as a vision of the night.
- The eye also which saw him shall see him no more; neither shall his place any more behold him.
- His children shall seek to please the poor, and his hands shall restore their goods.
- His bones are full of the sin of his youth, which shall lie down with him in the dust.
- Though wickedness be sweet in his mouth, though he hide it under his tongue;
- Though he spare it, and forsake it not; but keep it still within his mouth:
- Yet his meat in his bowels is turned, it is the gall of asps within him.
- He hath swallowed down riches, and he shall vomit them up again: God shall cast them out of his belly.
- He shall suck the poison of asps: the viper's tongue shall slay him.
- He shall not see the rivers, the floods, the brooks of honey and butter.
- That which he laboured for shall he restore, and shall not swallow it down: according to his substance shall the restitution be, and he shall not rejoice therein.
- Because he hath oppressed and hath forsaken the poor; because he hath violently taken away an house which he builded not;
- Surely he shall not feel quietness in his belly, he shall not save of that which he desired.
- There shall none of his meat be left; therefore shall no man look for his goods.
- In the fulness of his sufficiency he shall be in straits: every hand of the wicked shall come upon him.
- When he is about to fill his belly, God shall cast the fury of his wrath upon him, and shall rain it upon him while he is eating.
- He shall flee from the iron weapon, and the bow of steel shall strike him through.
- It is drawn, and cometh out of the body; yea, the glittering sword cometh out of his gall: terrors are upon him.
- All darkness shall be hid in his secret places: a fire not blown shall consume him; it shall go ill with him that is left in his tabernacle.
- The heaven shall reveal his iniquity; and the earth shall rise up against him.
- The increase of his house shall depart, and his goods shall flow away in the day of his wrath.
- This is the portion of a wicked man from God, and the heritage appointed unto him by God.
Выбор перевода и языка