- A Psalm of Asaph. Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.
- But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.
- For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
- For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
- They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
- Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
- Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
- They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
- They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
- Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
- And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
- Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
- Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
- For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
- If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
- When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
- Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
- Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
- How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.
- As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.
- Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.
- So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
- Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
- Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
- Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
- My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
- For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
- But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.
Выбор перевода и языка