- The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
- Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
- And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
- And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
- And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
- And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
- And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
- And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
- And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
- And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
- And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
- And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
- And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
- And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
- And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
- And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
- So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
- Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
- Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
- But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
- And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
- Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
- Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
- And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
Выбор перевода и языка