- The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
- Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
- Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
- And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
- Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
- Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
- Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
- Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
- But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
- To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.
- The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.
- Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.
Выбор перевода и языка