- But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
- For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
- For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
- But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
- Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
- Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
- For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
- But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
- For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
- Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
- Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
- And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
- And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
- Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
- See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
- Rejoice evermore.
- Pray without ceasing.
- In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- Quench not the Spirit.
- Despise not prophesyings.
- Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
- Abstain from all appearance of evil.
- And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
- Brethren, pray for us.
- Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
- I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. The first epistle to the Thessalonians was written from Athens.
Выбор перевода и языка