- But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
- That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
- The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
- That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
- To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
- Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
- In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
- Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
- Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
- Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
- For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
- Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
- Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
- Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
- These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
Выбор перевода и языка